Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy birthday….

Raise a toast to the 'Boy Who Lived'
Happy birthday Harry Potter!!!!
Today is the birthday of one of world's most loved fictional character, Harry Potter. This ingenious creation of J.K. Rowling managed to mesmerize children and adults alike and still continues to enthrall them.

This Pottermania struck me too. To be honest, there were days when I was angry with the newly found craze for the book. I was a faithful reader of HP long before it became a sensation, and here were people claiming to be hardcore fans, but in reality were the ones who started reading only after it came on TV.

I still very vividly recall how I used to read HP books during my 10th board exams when all the others around me fretted and fumed with math formulae. What was math compared to magic? I used to ask myself.

When the last book of HP came out, I was torn between extreme ecstasy and intense misery. I was happy that the mystery would finally be solved but at the same time the very thought of growing up and being no longer the little kid who could read HP, was agonizing.

Though the last book was a damp squib, I couldn’t help but love it. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book and when I turned the last page to close it, my eyes became moist. But even now, when I am low, I immediately reach out to my shelf to pull out my favorite HP book and re-read a few pages. It takes me to the nonchalant childhood days when you had nothing to worry about. Sigh!! Nostalgia – The prefect medicine to a worn-out soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Long live Potter...!

"What was math compared to magic?". you asked this while you were in 10th. Ok, do do you ask this even now?