Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I enjoy

  • Examining my fingers after a long bath. The fading wrinkles on the fingers effortlessly forward me to the way they would permanently look in future.
  • Watching the languid bus depot from my bedroom window, enjoying the breeze playing on my hair, till I feel a tinge of pain on my nose after pressing it too hard against the iron grills.
  • The irrepressible tears that come out involuntarily after listening to 'Kwaja mere kwaja' from Jodha Akbar and BJ's ' Bhavayaami Gopalabalam' set in the Yemen Kalyani raaga.
  • The relief and gratefulness for the first serve of food on a grumbling empty stomach.
  • Taking a quiet walk from Bessy to Adyar any day, any time.
  • The divinity of a roadside makeshift temple.
  • The references that I unconsciously make to my own life while reading a book.
  • Lethargically turning my head in response to the wave of fresh cool air in the office atrium.
  • Walking home through the chaos and confusion of a busy road.
  • Nostalgia when shopping at Nilgiris that plays Kishore Kumar songs on a full blast.
  • Loneliness at the relative quiet of my apartment after I shut the door.
  • Brimming tears after spicy Sāmbhar at the Murugan Idly shop.
  • Heaviness after crushed expectations.
    I enjoy :)

8 comments:

Vamsee said...

Very nice. My first non-sarcastic comment, maybe :p

surabala said...

"The references that I unconsciously make to my own life while reading a book"

a beautiful summation

of the moments of heightened awareness
(including that of our inner recesses)

and

of the process of appreciating fine arts
as well

surabala said...

listmania meets listlessmania

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this piece...

Varsha said...

@Vamsee, surabala and Anon
Thanks :)

Sruthisagar Yamunan said...

You must try the Sambhar at Ratna Cafe

:)

-- said...

Nice! I enjoyed :)

Varsha said...

@ Twisted Elegance
Yeah..thats yummy too :)
@Varada
Thank you :)