Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random thoughts...

When I moved out of my house a year back, I packed a few dresses, kitchen utensils, and a few essentials...All that fit into two small bags...When I got onto the waiting bus, the conductor grabbed my baggage and effortlessly shoved them under a seat. 20 years of existence packed into just two bags. I strangely felt offended. For a minute it seemed like I was the one being shoved.

It also fetched me the revelation that; all I ever owned was in those bags. I felt eerily buoyant. I felt there was nothing to hold me back, except maybe a pair of bags. I immediately text messaged my silver-lining to one of my friends, who asked me to stop the drama..., and the same friend, just a few days before, said he wanted to get rid of all his belongings and carry only a pair of bags, before he left India for good. With the beach sand dancing to the music of the waves at my feet, I could only muster a weak smile. How things you say come right back to you :)
It would be nice to leave the world beholden to nothing.

Unrelated thought: I am listening to Cliff Richard's 'Theme for a dream', and it sounds exactly like 'pal pal pal' from Munnabhai MBBS 2. Disgusting!!!

7 comments:

surabala said...

"It would be nice to leave the world beholden to nothing"

your departure is not anxiously awaited -
especially if you have a legacy of only two bags.

surabala said...

“It would be nice to leave the world beholden to nothing.”

and what makes you think that the reception party at destination will be few, far between and all angelic looking ? (I can hear you muttering – “yes, I may run into the likes of you – and lots of them”)

and what makes you think that this world will be better without you and the next, the worse without you ?

how many of us here are braying for your blood ?

eventually what do we owe another individual that is so resentful –
a smile of goodwill ?
a nod of understanding for
helplessness –
theirs and ours ?
a happy wink at the small
pranks ?

Varsha said...

@ surabala

Yikes. You make me sound suicidal. I DON'T want to play the harp on clouds this young :)..The focus (which was obviously lacking ) was more on the materialistic idea of life :)

surabala said...

varsha, in your post the focus was clear; the meaning drifted along nicely and eloquently.

i just wanted to see how (gracefully) you would take a critical knock - and that too an angular one and one that deliberately quoted things out of context

i hope that, eventually when you opt to make it to the clouds, they give you a light harp to suit your weight (which could change later)and a mellifluous one to suit the personality

silly swallow said...

harps would sound wonderful on watery clouds

hope weeping girls wont alter the thickness of the clouds and spoil the timbre

Vyadhi said...

lol... this is a lesson for u... from now on write directly to the point instead of directing to the point... he he... as usual i didnt understand... but one thing sure... if u wnat to run away from ur home u just need two bags... i better warn ur mother abt it... ;)

Varsha said...

@surabala
that was quite a scare :)

@dhivya
grrrrrr...u are missing an essential point..somebody to run away with is more important than a pair of bags...:P