Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I voted...

I voted I voted I voted... :)

I voted for the first time in my life!!!
I saw anxious party cadres along the streets encouraging everyone to vote.
I observed burly policemen flashing mean looks inside the polling booths.
I waited under the scorching sun to have the first glimpse of an EVM.
I felt triumphant when I heard the beep of the machine after I voted.
The beep of democracy.
The beep of a bright Indian future.
The beep I was responsible for.

For the first time ever, I am proud of the dirty black mark on my index finger.
Let us make our voice count. Let us vote.

2 comments:

Sharanya Rajendran said...

Yeah... U voted! And I was so damn curious whom you voted ! ! I know for sure its not UPA (The other day I saw this status of yours in Gtalk that UPA again or something) .... I hope you don't mind me getting a lil extra curious, am jobless right here in office now varshe'! :D :D

Varsha said...

lol..hey CR..good to see u here :)...it is supposed to be a 'secret' ballot system :)