Monday, March 4, 2013

I don't

Yesterday, for the first time in 25 years, I was judged for who I am not. I was forced to be apologetic for who I am. I was expected to hang my head in shame for doing something that kept my conscience in the clear. I was hated for standing my ground. I was not loved any more for actually making something of myself instead of sitting inside kitchens. And I resent it. I completely resent it. If this is what it takes to 'settle down' and actually 'start living', then maybe it is not worth it. Do I really need a 'social event' to validate my success or show to the world how happy I am? I don't. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And in another indication of the growing insensitivity of mankind, which has extended to the virtual world as well, thanks for the free clock!

Anonymous said...

"..for the first time in 25 years"
Is that an indication that you have completed your silver jubilee? And I thought girls were supposed to be secretive their age!

sashi said...




"At this point, I remember thinking that if I ever did get back home alive and safe, I would live my life like I never have. No compromises."

Varsha said...

@sashi uncle: Aha.. :)