Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My darkest secret ever...

I was thinking of what to write next when I realized that my creativity just decided to take a vacation the minute I started a blog. (Proof: Read last two entries)
Highly annoyed with myself, I tried to snoop around my friends’ blogs for ideas. You might call it plagiarism but I call it collective collaboration of thoughts. Here are a few ideas that I thought i could write about:

1. What i like and don’t like about xyz place?
Wow! That sounded like the ideal topic to start. But i ended up with one very forgettable page of 'What i like’, which even i couldn’t read without stifling a yawn. And also being a lousy Chennai fanatic, i couldn’t bring myself to write the ‘don’t like’ part without feeling ungrateful.

2. Post cartoon strips and give smart comments.
To start with, smart comments are really not my thing. I also couldn’t think of anything better than 'ROFL', 'check this out' 'this is hilarious’ and so on. Further all the cartoons i found were either too cheesy for my taste or too corny for anybody's taste.

3. Write a poem.
I couldn’t help but lol’ing at the very ‘idea’, let alone write. My poetic skills stop with making rhymes that are a way too juvenile for a blog post.

4. Delete the blog.
This sounded like the best idea so far. Then again, all my principles about 'never quitting once i start', started going round my head, making me go on a roller coaster guilt trip.

With all the ideas trashed mercilessly, i was wondering what to do next when i swiftly realized i could actually fill up this space with the trashed ideas! After all it was my blog, my trash, and people read it at their own risk.
So thus ends my next blog entry after three hundred words of sheer nonsense, hackneyed humor, two cups of tea and of course plenty of wasted energy.

Moral of the story: Never get carried away by the 'attention seeking' headline gimmick. You will surely end up reading crap like this! (This entry might have irritated you and probably made you swear that you would never come back to this blog again. Any harm caused by curling fists or tearing hair-roots out was purely intentional).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you being a journalist of today, the title of you blog post ought to be catchy - and it doesn't need to do any justice to the content. If you were in any other profession, you'd have been screwed for this. (atleast there are laws exists for that, whether there are carried out or not) But not for journalists.. Alas..

Unknown said...

well, i believe that your blog is a reflection of your personality - not just the content of the posts, but also what you choose to post. Whether its about liking/disliking of places, or cartoon strips or whatever.

As a regular reader of your blog, I prefer to see the expression of your self in it, rather than a colloboration of other's selves.